BEST PLACES TO LIVE ON LAGOS ISLAND
Lagos is one of the fastest-growing cities in the world and known for its vibrant social and economic development. The Island is a collection of several islands connected by bridges. From Isale Eko to Victoria Island, and then Ikoyi.
Our ranking on some of the best locations you can live on Lagos Island is based on, proximity to good schools, rate of crime and safety, accessibility to good road network, quiet and peaceful ambience, and ideal environment for families.
- Victoria Island: this is a notable elite area. Popularly known as V.I. It is one of the choice locations for big multinational companies in Nigeria. Most companies and big businesses have their headquarters there. It is therefore a prime area to live. Eko Atlantic is growing to become the most sought-after address in Victoria Island. It is an affluent area with the most elegant buildings, residential developments, restaurants, schools, parks, and security systems in all of Nigeria.
- Lekki: is a naturally formed peninsula, close to Victoria island and has a fantastic view of the Atlantic Ocean to its south, Lagos lagoon to the North, and the Lekki lagoon to its East. A number of celebrities live in Lekki.This affluent society is one of the best places to start a business in Nigeria. Lekki area offers amazing job opportunities, reliable government support, high-quality private schools, top-notch medical facilities, shopping complex and malls, sports and recreational facilities.
- Ikoyi: Ikoyi houses some of the richest & upper-class residents and certainly the wealthiest community in Nigeria. The crime rate in Ikoyi is almost zero and society compliments this feature with top-notch security. There are a lot of good schools, colleges, and institutes in Ikoyi that make it an ideal environment for raising children. It is also one of the most secured areas and home to the latest elite city in Lagos, Banana Island.
- Victoria Garden City: VGC as it is called, is a fully gated and secured residential property development. VGC is one of the highbrow residential development areas created in the 1990s, along the lekki-epe expressway. It is an expensive area to reside in but breathes luxury. Other features are; good schools, luxurious apartments, good security and a suitable place for family.
- Nicon Town: Nicon Town is exclusively a residential estate, known for its luxury and class. It is occupied by the high-income individuals. Nicon town is located in Ikate, off the lekki-epe expressway. Unique for its excellent infrastructure, mostly very well organized and given quality finishing. A calm and serene estate with high-tech security. It is a great place to raise family.
These areas ensure true value for money as they guarantee security, to availability of light, access to basic amenities, good schools, restaurants, and other social outlets.